Porcelain Crowns are one of the strongest and most aesthetic dental restorations. They are used to reinforce and maintain the integrity of the existing tooth as well as enhance the cosmetic appearance of the tooth.
Indications for Porcelain Crowns include
- Teeth with very large fillings
- Discoloured and heavily stained teeth
- Teeth with poor aesthetics
- After Root canal treatment as the chance of tooth fracture is higher
- Heavily decayed teeth
Fixed Bridges are one of the ways we can replace missing teeth. Provided that there is a tooth on either side of the gap, a bridge can be placed from one tooth to the other to cover the gap left by a missing tooth or several teeth. The two teeth on either side of the gap serve as anchor teeth for the bridge.
This is achieved by placing a “Crown” on the adjacent anchor teeth. One or more “Pontics” will be placed where the missing tooth/teeth are and the Pontic is attached the crowns on either side.
Reasons for getting a Fixed Bridge
- Close space left by a missing tooth
- Retain Facial shape, balance and support
- Improve Chewing and Speaking ability
- Prevent existing teeth from drifting and spaces opening up between teeth
- Fixed option compared with removable dentures
- Improve your Smile and confidence
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding with a surgical or invasive procedure, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.