At The London Clinic we do all we can to make sure that your child’s primary (baby) teeth remain strong and healthy. Unfortunately, many people don’t recognise how crucial it is to maintain healthy primary teeth, thinking that they’ll just fall out anyway so it’s not a big deal. However, primary teeth play a vital role for children for several reasons:
- They guide the eruption of permanent teeth.
- They allow a child to eat and maintain good nutrition.
- They allow for clear pronunciation and good speech habits.
- They can even give a child a great self-image.
We understand that all children are small adults, and all procedures need to be explained simply and in their language. With this in mind, their journey from the waiting room through to the surgery is soft and caring.
Your first visit will last between 30-45 minutes.
The dentist will:
- Ask for a through medical and dental history
- Evaluate the current oral hygiene regime
- Evaluate your child’s current diet
- Discuss any habits such as grinding, digit or dummy sucking habits
- Carry out a through examination of the facial profile, soft tissues, teeth and gums
- Take any x-rays if necessary
- Recommend the ideal oral hygiene regime for your child
- Give you diet advice
- Carry out a brief orthodontic evaluation should your child be in the age bracket for early intervention or comprehensive treatment
- We will discuss the need for any prevention of injury to the teeth and the need for any sports mouth guards
- Finally you shall receive a comprehensive report outlining any treatments required
- Hygiene tailored towards children
- Fissure sealants
- Restoration in baby and permanent teeth
- Root canal treatment
- Stainless steel crowns and
- Extraction of teeth
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding with a surgical or invasive procedure, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.